Work Environment, Occupational Safety and Health Department is recognized as competent authority in labour protection issues according to the Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers No 723 of September 8, 2008 and is certified according to requirements of the standard ISO 9001:2015.
List of competent authorities in Ministry of Welfare of the Republic of Latvia website: www.lm.gov.lv
Description of occupational safety and health service:
• The company’s conformity assessment on occupational safety and health regulations. Occupational health and safety audit.
• Establishment and maintenance of the company’s labour protection system, creating occupational health and safety policy.
• Internal supervision of the working environment, including evaluation of the working environment risks, planning of internal supervision of the work environment.
• Ergonomic risk assessment of working places.
• The assessment of the technical safety of the work equipment.
• Employees instruction and training on occupational safety and health.
• Work environment internal monitoring and improvement.
• Organization of the mandatory health checks.
• Determination of necessary collective and personal protective equipment.
• Development of occupational safety and health instructions.
• Investigation of accidents at work and occupational diseases, representation of company’s interest on the State Labour Inspectorate and other institutions.
• Workplace safety audit on companies, construction sites.
• Workplace safety coordinator functions in the construction sites.
• Business advice on occupational health and safety issues.
• Other labor protection services, according to customer demand.
We have delivered occupational safety and health services to customers in Russia, Germany and Lithuania.
In 2016 our specialists took part in European Commission Study to collect updated information for a limited number of substances with a view to analyse the health, socio-economic and environmental impacts in connection with possible amendments of Directive 2004/37/EC on the protection of workers from the risks related to exposure to carcinogens or mutagens at work” – VT/2015/0525.